I have traversed the entire East-West Rd within six months, including just 24 hrs ago. I can authoritatively inform you that it is roughly 65% completed:
1. Between Effurun and Ogor (Ughelli, Delta state), the dual carriageway (8 lanes) is fully complete and in use.
2. Between Ogor and Enwhe (close to Patani (boundary town between Delta and Bayelsa), one half of the carriageway is fully completed, and in use and the second lane is under construction
3. Between Adagbabiri (Bayelsa) and Mbiama, sections of one-half of the carriageway is done with work ongoing.
4. Between Okogbe and Ahoada (Rivers) sections are done and others in constant construction.
5. Between Ahoada and Choba (UNIPORT), One half is 90% completed.
6. All other sections have work ongoing on them gradually
7. Between Rivers and Akwa Ibom, is 85% completed
PS: The 2014 December date may be achievable, but I think, March 2015 should be best bet..
”By The Numbers: The East-West Road between Warri, Delta State & Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Christmas 2013.
170 km – Total length between Aladja Roundabout, Warri and Choba Bridge, Port Harcourt.
KM 0 – 72 and KM 120 to 170 (totaling 122km): Smooth road surface.
KM 72 – 120 (totaling 48km): Rough road surface, although between KM 72 – 85, the second lane has been paved although it is not open to road users yet.
KM 85 – 120: Extensive on-going road work – excavation, concrete drainage systems, sand filling, road surface asphalting.
71.1% (122/170km) Total length of smooth road. This portion of the East-West Road is certainly witnessing marked progress.” – Ebi Bozimo